We are interviewing applicants for a Patient Care Manager position. Please see the job description below. To apply send a resume and cover letter to our HR Department
The Patient Care Manager is a qualified registered nurse with the ability to oversee and coordinate provision of clinical activities for a designated group of patients and staff.
LINE OF AUTHORITY:
The Patient Care Manager reports directly to Director of Nursing.
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing, licensed in the state of Florida; who has at least one (1) year experience as a registered nurse in a licensed home health agency, a facility licensed under Chapter 395 or a facility licensed under Part II and part III of this Chapter.
• Evidence of adequate health status to perform duties.
• Ability to learn, absorb and apply professional training.
• Ability to organize work procedures, assume responsibility and effectively supervise others.
• Demonstrates excellent problem solving techniques and abilities.
• Demonstrates effective knowledge of the statutory and administrative rules of the Agency for Health Care Administration and ability to ensure compliance with them.
• Able to see and hear adequately to respond to auditory and visual requests which relate to the coordination of clinical activities.
• Able to speak in a clear, concise voice in order to communicate adequately with staff, physicians, and patients.
• Adequate mental acuity to perform duties described in job description.
• Able to effectively deal with change.
• Some travel required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Develops, supervises and evaluates a group of qualified clinicians and caregivers.
• Assists with the analysis and evaluation of clinical operations to ensure standards are adhered to.
• Participates in activities relative to provision of professional services to an assigned group of patients.
• Assists DON to ensure that all staff providing care maintains professional standards of community nursing practice.
• Maintains and adheres to agency procedure and patient care policy standards.
• Assist DON with establishing policies and procedures in compliance with state health statutes and administrative rules to include CDC guidelines, OSHA guidelines for employee safety, standard precautions, and infection control procedures.
• Coordinates patient care services for an assigned group of patients.
• Provides case management as described in 59A8.002 (5), F.A.C.
• Assists DON with development and implementation of policies for, and keeps records of criteria for admission to service, case assignments and case management.
• Informs appropriate staff about home health statutes and administrative rules.
• Assists DON with installation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure achievement of objectives of the Agency.
• Interprets and transmits policies of the Agency to the assigned staff.
• Reports to the DON regarding changes that might affect the clinical operations of the agency.
• Coordinates and participates in patient care conferences.
• Maintains confidentiality of Patient and Agency matters.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the DON.
• Assists with orientation of new staff prior to patient contact.
• Acts as preceptor for new staff.
• Participates in continuing education for staff.
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities as requested by the
• Provides clinical proofing of OASIS forms.
• Assists DON with staff performance appraisals.
• Assists with billing process.