Senior’s Tip List – Some Questions You & Your Family Can Answer TogetherPosted by in Aging | Aid and Attendance | FAQ's | Health | Home Health Care | Long Term Care Insurance | Retirement
Recommendations and tips for Seniors and Family members to discuss together in order to put together a care plan and have legal matters in place before any health or weather emergency occurs. Better to plan for the worst while hoping for the best.
Boca Home Care Services offers these questions to you and your Aging parents. They are for you to discuss and are a starting point to taking actions. Safety is KEY to PREVENT FALLS. There are also several LEGAL papers to be discusses with in the family and then with an Elder Law Attorney. Coming from home from the Hospital or a RehaB Center also requires certain actions to help PREVENT REHOSPITALIZTION.
Speak to your Primary Care Physician and Your Family Members to help put a plan together when there isn’t a crisis happening. A Safety Plan will help ease everyone through a health or weather emergency.
- If you have just been discharged from a hospital or Rehab Center, have you made your follow up appointment with your primary physician – within the first week of returning home?
- What is your system for remembering to take your medications? Do you need any help with medications?
- Who is your Medical Surrogate or Proxy?
- Who has a Limited Durable Power of Attorney for you?
- Does your primary doctor have a copy of each in your file?
- Do you have questions about your Long Term Care Insurance policy?
- If you or your spouse is a Veteran, do you know about Veteran’s Benefits like Aid and Attendance?
- Do you know what your Medicare Home Health benefits are?
- Have you had a home safety assessment to help prevent falling?
- If you need extra help with personal care or household tasks are you aware of hiring a Home Health Aide?
- What is your Hurricane Plan, will you stay at home or where would you go?
Please speak with your Doctor or call us for assistance.
561-989-0611 * 877-706-0785 * www.bocahomecareservices.com
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.